Hi all! Today we’re featuring Nancy Holley’s Carefree Summer Days mini album in our newsletter. Isn’t it sunny and fun? Here are some bonus shots of the inside, as well as instructions detailing how she made it. For more fab summer albums (quick, make one before fall hits!), pick up a copy of the August-September issue of Simply Handmade and turn to page 70. Print, digital.
Thanks for the inspiration, Nancy. :)
CAREFREE SUMMER DAYS by Nancy Holley
Album is 6” across Album: Crayola; Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers; Transparencies, binder ring: Office supply; Ribbon: American Crafts, Stampin’ Up!; Letter stickers: American Crafts; Pen: Sharpie; Paint: Craft supply; Tab punch: Stampin’ Up!; Digital kit: House of Three (Summer Book Template kit), houseof3.com/summerbook-template-kit.html
1. Download a summer-themed digital kit and print onto transparencies and white cardstock.
2. Cover each page of a chipboard album using brightly-colored patterned papers.
3. Dry brush a circle of orange paint around the sun cover, then add a circle of flourish paper and a transparency printed with a sentiment.
4. Embellish each page of the album using letter stickers, punched labels, ribbon, printed shapes, and pen doodling.
5. Glue 4 x 6” photos back to back, add printed embellishments on the photos, and tuck the photo pages throughout the chipboard album.
6. Punch a hole through the left side of each page, connect with a binder ring, and tie ribbon around the ring.