Hi Friends! We’re thrilled to be joining you on Northridge’s fabulous Create blog today. Remember the Club SEI March kits we shared here? We thought you might like to know how we made the pinwheels for that pretty wreath.
We’re going to show you how! But, first we should mention this particular wreath kit is included in our March paper-crafting kit. The wreath kit will be available to purchase as a separate item on our website at the end of the month. Ok, let’s get started!
1. Cut and score strips of paper with a scallop on one edge. A 2 inch strip makes a pinwheel about 4 inches in diameter. We recommend scoring every 1/4-1/2 inches. The strips in our kit are pre-cut and scored.
2. Fold along the score lines up and down like a fan.
3. Hot glue the ends together.
4. Carefully press the scallop edges down to flatten your pinwheel.
5. Attach a circle to the center of your pinwheel to keep it flat.
Voila! That’s it. Pretty simple, huh? There are so many great uses for these little pinwheels! Attach them to home decor, scrapbook layouts, cards, and party goodies. Learning new techniques that you can use for all kinds of projects is one benefit of Club SEI. Another benefit of joining Club SEI this month is…
Thanks for stopping by and letting us share this tutorial and a little about our kit club!