Aren’t those colors just happy and cozy?!? Here’s how Studio Calico describes this kit:
“Head to the top of COPPER MOUNTAIN. Our January kit transports you to a cozy ski lodge, filled with rich colors, graphic patterns and woodgrain accents. In addition to papers from Studio Calico, October Afternoon and We R Memory Keepers, this kit contains a full line up of Studio Calico embellishments you won’t find anywhere else – a wood veneer die cut, mini badges, vellum alphabet stickers, and puffy hearts and chipboard stickers in a rainbow of colors.”
I am loving each and every element in this kit – but I am especially excited about one of the exclusive elements – the wood veneer die cut…let’s take a closer look, shall we?
Just so you can get an idea of the scale – this piece is 4″ wide and 6″ tall – the same size as a standard photo.
I spent a long time on Studio Calico’s website perusing the Copper Mountain gallery looking at all of the fun and unique ways this wood veneer piece has been put to use. Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- Use it as an album cover – fill some of the circles with patterned paper, chipboard pieces, and stickers
- Cut it in half vertically and align it with the edge of a layout
- Paint it a different color – I saw one with a whitewash finish, I think it was my favorite!
- Use it as a mask and use spray mist to transfer the image onto paper
- Use it as a photo mat – just trim a photo slightly smaller so the edges are all visible
- Cut it in half horizontally and use it on a card – fill every single circle with bold patterned paper
- Cut several of the circles off and use them individually (I’m not sure how to go about cutting these, but I love the idea!)
- Place the entire piece in a pocket page protector – leave it blank or add other embellishments in the circles
- Turn it into a photo frame – add circle shaped photos to the larger openings
There are so many ways to use this fun kit element! So…if YOU owned this exclusive item, how would YOU use it? Leave a comment on this post telling me how you would use it, and I’ll choose a random winner! If your name is chosen as the winner, you will not only win this awesome wood veneer piece, you will win the entire Copper Mountain Kit, courtesy of Studio Calico!
I can’t wait to hear your ideas – good luck!